Monday, September 14, 2009

Something I found? This could have been left on Tressel's Desk



Dear Jim,

I love the job you do with the Ohio State Football Program. You understand
tradition, the importance of the Michigan rivalry, of Big Ten Championships,
and of developing our young people into fine adult citizens. I appreciate
the job you have done with recruiting talent from around the country as
well. Without these things we would not be a consistent top ten program. I
also loved reading, "The Winner's Manual," an outstanding guide to success.
I know you are a busy man, but if you could do one last thing for me I would
appreciate it a great deal, and it could even be used as an addendum to your
now famous book. When pursuing a career, do not forget the first step. It
usually has the numbers 101 behind it. In your case it would be Football
101. You have achieved great success despite missing this class which is
usually a prerequisite for other students of the game who wish to move on to
higher level classes. I'm sure a remedial course is offered at a large
public institution the likes of Ohio State. If you would do this one thing
or hire a tutor, in many parts of the country it is called a "coordinator,"
the likelihood of continued success would be greatly enhanced. Please be
reminded that I pay you a handsome salary and that I often have to justify
that salary to the many alumni and boosters who support us.

Sincerely,

Dr. Gee

1 comment:

  1. the best quote i've seen on various blogs and postings was, "tressel is so conservative that it's actually risky."

    ReplyDelete